Terms of Reference
Design and Website Development
10 November 2021
I. About ADM
The Association for Democracy in the Maldives (ADM) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization. It is a national level NGO working to promote the principles of human rights and democracy through advocacy and public awareness. ADM was registered in the Maldives in August 2020 (Registration number CR/36/2020.
ADM is looking for a design and website development consultant/firm to revamp the Accountability Maldives website (www.zinmaadhaaru.com currently developed and hosted on Wix). The website is expected to be more responsive, visually appealing and user friendly in a manner that people will be able to access and interact with various types of data.
The consultant/firm will develop a design concept for the website, develop a new WordPress website and support the transfer of knowledge, including source code and visual elements for ADM to perform content upload, system maintenance and administration.
- A design concept for the zinmaadhaaru website, reflecting the Accountability Maldives project objectives
- A revamped zinmaadhaaru website that presents an engaging and aesthetic visual look, and its functionalities enhanced to provide a better experience to users via browser and mobile devices.
- The website contains fully functional management systems that support the migration or relocation of existing content.
- Support and maintenance: Administrative and technical support, quality control for a period of 3 months after the website is launched.
- A training workshop for ADM project staff to be able to maintain the website for longer term.
IV. Required functionalities in the new website
- A website with responsive design (Desktop, Tablet, Mobile), aligning with UX/UI design.
- An interactive/searchable content management system/database where users can access files/documents uploaded to the website with ease.
- Ability to showcase data in files/documents uploaded to the website on separate pages in visually appealing ways (via spreadsheets, charts, etc.).
- Dual language (English and Dhivehi) efficiency on the website.
The duration of the contract will be 6 months and the expected starting date is 1 December 2021. The revamped website must be completed within 3 months’ time starting from the date of signing the contract.
VI. Work setting:
Timing and duration of the assignment
December 2021– February 2022: Briefing, conceptualization, website completed
March – May 2022: Administrative and technical support
Orientation: A first briefing will be scheduled for the ADM team to orient potential consultants on the background information, revamping concept, and information architecture to develop each of the requested deliverables. The consultant will develop a design concept based on information collected at this briefing.
Implementation: During the contract period, meetings will be scheduled between the consultant and ADM team to assess and evaluate the process. The consultant will conduct a training workshop for the project staff at ADM following the launch of the website and an additional one month to allow for user experience monitoring.
Knowledge transfer: At the end of the contract period, a debriefing will be scheduled for the consultant/firm to transfer relevant knowledge and source code, and address aspects of system maintenance and administration of the website.
For the contract period, ADM will grant the consultant access to the current Accountability Maldives website code and content, including Wix administration console, all documents and pages, plugins, themes and additional files required.
VII. Required skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience designing visually appealing, user friendly, and navigation friendly websites.
- Familiarity and relevant experience in using different Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly WordPress.
- Familiarity with digital security and website security aspects.
VIII. Application process
Consultancy proposals must include the following information:
- Letter of interest including contact information for 2 referees who can vouch for the work of the applicant.
- CV of the consultant/consultancy firm.
- A portfolio of websites with similar functionalities developed in WordPress.
- A financial proposal to address the work.
Email proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org with Design and Website Development in the subject line. Proposals will be accepted until 23:00 on 26 November 2021.