- Executive Committee
- Executive Director
- Admin/Finance Manager
- Program Coordinator
- Project Coordinator
- Project Officer
- Project Coordinator
2. Direct services for the public
- Assistance to victims of human rights violations.
- Assistance to human rights defenders.
- Support to families of victims of extrajudicial killings, enforced disappearance, detainees.
3. Rules, regulations, policies, principles, and norms
- Association’s Act
- Financial Policy
- Statutes of the organisation.
- Equal opportunity employer.
- Diversity and tolerance.
- Gender equality.
- Consultative and inclusive decision making.
4. Responsibilities & duties of management
Chairperson – The head of governance and the chief representative of the organisation. The Chairperson ensures that all legal and human rights obligations of the organisation are met, and provides guidance and support to the organisation as needed.
Vice Chairperson – Steps in for the Chairperson in their absence and provides guidance and support to the organisation as needed.
Treasurer – Oversees that all financial obligations of the organisation are met, and provides guidance and support to the organisation as needed.
Executive Director – Ensures the smooth running of operations within the organisation, oversees programming needs and provides guidance to the secretariat. The Executive Director reports to the Executive Committee.
5. Budget and funding
We rely solely on project related funding, which changes over periods of 3-6 months. Hence we are not yet able to work with secure budgets.
6. Individual remuneration and benefits received by employees
Due to short term and fluctuating budgets, our salaries change according to project funding available.
7. Information and publications
We conduct research into various areas related to human rights and democracy in the Maldives and in the region. Our publications are open access [subject to adequate citation and credit].
8. Details of how documents are managed
All documents pertaining to the administration of the organisation and implementation of the organisation’s project activities are stored on the association’s google drive.
Emails received to the general inbox (email@example.com) are responded to by the administrative staff or forwarded to the relevant program staff within a maximum of one day and the sender will receive a response within three working days.
9. How to lodge a complaint & complaints received thus far
Complaints can be submitted to the organisation via email. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Complaint” stated in the subject line.
We have not received any formal complaints thus far.
10. Manner in which suggestions & criticisms can be exercised by public & influence policies
Suggestions / criticisms can be submitted to the organisation via email or via any of our social media platforms. Send an email to email@example.com with subject line “Suggestion” or “Criticism”.
11. Decision-making, supervision & accountability
- Policy-based administrative decisions are made according to the relevant policy by the relevant staff.
- Project level decisions are made after discussions with all relevant project staff.
- Executive level decisions are made via a majority vote taken at executive committee meetings.
12. Details of decisions taken that would affect the public
Our decisions and recommendations are based on assessments, research and interaction with affected persons.
Several recommendations to various government agencies were published in the following publications of the organization: