Skip to content
- Work to protect and ensure, to all Maldivians and those living in Maldives, the fundamental human rights enshrined in the Constitution as well as the Human Rights Conventions Maldives is party to.
- To work towards justice for the forcibly disappeared journalist Ahmed Rilwan Abdullah and to make efforts to prevent such atrocities through ensuring justice and accountability.
- To work towards justice for the murder of Maldivian blogger Yaamyn Rasheed and to make efforts to prevent such atrocities through ensuring justice and accountability..
- To work towards the protection and full realization of the fundamental rights of girls and women.
- Monitor state institutions including the judiciary and the criminal justice system to ensure compliance with the Constitution, international human rights obligations of the Maldives and the principles of democracy.
- To ensure the full realisation and promotion of the right to the protection of the environment as enshrined in Article 22 of the Constitution and international treaties.
- To ensure the full realisation and promotion of the right to adequate participation in cultural life, as enshrined in Article 39 of the Constitution and the international conventions Maldives is party to.
- Work towards the implementation of transitional justice in the Maldives.